Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New lists and resolutions

Well, it is that time of year again, the time for lists and resolutions.  Do you like how I just repeated my title in my first sentence? Yeah, me neither, my English teachers probably wouldn't as well.  Any who, let's get started shall we?

So, New Years Resolutions, everyone makes them, some people even intend to keep them from time to time!  This year it is different.  I am actually going to keep it as much as possible, and therefore, I am making it public! That's right, you anonymous public can help me keep them, aren't you excited?  First I will break it down into various groups of goals, and then list them with some details.  Away we go!



Part One: Physical

1. I am fat.  This is a fact.  I need to lose weight.  20 pounds over the course of the year sounds good.  That's 1.6 pounds a month, I got this.

2. I am going to die of heart disease.  It kind of runs in the family.  Therefore I need to start running.  Eventually I      
need to get up to 20 minutes a day, five days a week, but I am going to start at three days a week. Hey, I am fat, remember?

Part Two: Academics

1. I really really need to graduate on time, to do that I need some good grades.  This is self-explanatory.  To do this, I am going to set out some time that is only for studying.  Three hours a week minimum.

Part Three: Mental

1.  I am going to read more this year, both for fun and otherwise, therefore I am going to read a minimum of a book a month.  I have some ideas, but am more then welcome to suggestions.  Anything goes, fiction, non-fiction, comic books, dictionary, thesaurus, biographies, poetry books, etc. Comment if you have a good one I should read.

2.  Puzzles.  I am going to try my hand at some puzzles this year, like crossword or sudoku, something like that, not of the jigsaw variety.  One a month though this could go higher.

Part Four: Social

1. Play more games.  Not just video games, I do that enough already (side note, we just got a third controlled for the computer, garage, it is on in Mario Cart) but other things as well, like card games and board games.  I love them and do not play them enough with my friends.  Don't worry Leon, this doesn't necessarily mean The Game of Things.

2. Blogging.  That's right my dear readers, I am actually going to use this blog and blog.  I enjoy it, and need to get more consistent in it, therefore a guaranteed one a week for all of 2011! To infinity and beyond! Some may be short, and some may be stupid, and some maybe just rants in a list form.  I saw one guy did that occasionally and it was humorous and effective.  Therefore I am stealing the format since it is the internet!  I am thinking of doing some reviews of some movies and/or music I enjoy, because if there is one thing the world needs it is another critic.

Part Five: Spiritual

1.  Have a much more consistent quite time.  Daily, at least ten minutes every morning with God and a Bible, that is it.  It is good for a pastor in training to try and get closer to God, right?

2.  Be more open with my faith and share it more openly and just more in general.  I do not bring it up as much as maybe I should in regular conversation.

Part Six: Miscellaneous Junk I Cannot Fit Under Any other Title.  Also Wrap-up.

1.  Live life.  I want to squeeze every drop out of life.  You know, the whole live life to the full thing Jesus was talking about.  Live spontaneously and not waste as much time as I already do.  This is my most generic resolution and thus easiest to break, but I think the not wasting time part is huge.

2.  Be more awesome.  I have a couple a lot of ways I as a person suck horribly at and fail miserably on.  Being nicer to some all of my friends would definitely be a good place to start (you know who you are...).  That and not being so lazy about everything ever.  I do not know, my bad habit list is huge, but I cannot think of another one at this exact moment in time.  Basically I need to work on a lot of things to make me into the man that God wants me to be.  So here goes nothing.

Well there you have it loyal readers and friends.  A few of the specific ways I hope to better myself this year.  Feel free to keep me accountable through out the year, and I will even blog about some of them as my year goes on.  What are some of your resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. TIM you have set some great goals for yourself. I look forward to reading of your successes in 2011. - Alex G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few book suggestions of course. I read all time :-) uhm by the way your part about blogging....it will be the year 2011 not 2010 silly!!!! can't wait to make sure you do all of these things! :-) -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job incorporating what Dad talked about in his sermon. And you should totally read that Dragons in Our Midst book I let you borrow. I have the entire series of that, but only the first one of the "sister" series, Oracles of Fire.
    e
    Anywho, good luck and all that jazz. Even you can make me giggle at the thought of possibly dying of heart disease. :D

    ReplyDelete